- view: text
- select for diffs
Thu Sep 7 21:19:44 2006 UTC
(7 years, 7 months ago) by pavalos
CVS tags: HEAD
WARNS6 cleanup (1803 warnings).
ANSI function declarations.
Rename local variables that shadow globals.
Use string functions from libc instead of creating our own.
Remove void casts for unchecked function returns.
Spell parameter correctly.
Don't try to return a value from void functions.
Remove compat library requirement (gtty -> ioctl).
Add new function "dowarp" that calls warp() from play.c. (Taken from
Change chars that are used for numeric values to shorts so they can be
properly used as array indexes.
* Copyright (c) 1980, 1993
* The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the University of
* California, Berkeley and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
* @(#)attack.c 8.1 (Berkeley) 5/31/93
* $FreeBSD: src/games/trek/attack.c,v 1.4 1999/11/30 03:49:43 billf Exp $
* $DragonFly: src/games/trek/attack.c,v 1.3 2006/09/07 21:19:44 pavalos Exp $
# include "trek.h"
** Klingon Attack Routine
** This routine performs the Klingon attack provided that
** (1) Something happened this move (i.e., not free), and
** (2) You are not cloaked. Note that if you issue the
** cloak command, you are not considered cloaked until you
** expend some time.
** Klingons are permitted to move both before and after the
** attack. They will tend to move toward you before the
** attack and away from you after the attack.
** Under certain conditions you can get a critical hit. This
** sort of hit damages devices. The probability that a given
** device is damaged depends on the device. Well protected
** devices (such as the computer, which is in the core of the
** ship and has considerable redundancy) almost never get
** damaged, whereas devices which are exposed (such as the
** warp engines) or which are particularly delicate (such as
** the transporter) have a much higher probability of being
** The actual amount of damage (i.e., how long it takes to fix
** it) depends on the amount of the hit and the "damfac"
** entry for the particular device.
** Casualties can also occur.
/* resting: set if attack while resting */
int hit, i, l;
int maxhit, tothit, shldabsb;
double chgfac, propor, extradm;
double dustfac, tothe;
if (Etc.nkling <= 0 || Quad[Ship.quadx][Ship.quady].stars < 0)
if (Ship.cloaked && Ship.cloakgood)
/* move before attack */
if (Ship.cond == DOCKED)
printf("Starbase shields protect the %s\n", Ship.shipname);
/* setup shield effectiveness */
chgfac = 1.0;
chgfac = 0.25 + 0.50 * franf();
maxhit = tothit = 0;
hitflag = 0;
/* let each Klingon do his damndest */
for (i = 0; i < Etc.nkling; i++)
/* if he's low on power he won't attack */
if (Etc.klingon[i].power < 20)
printf("\nStardate %.2f: Klingon attack:\n",
/* complete the hit */
dustfac = 0.90 + 0.01 * franf();
tothe = Etc.klingon[i].avgdist;
hit = Etc.klingon[i].power * pow(dustfac, tothe) * Param.hitfac;
/* deplete his energy */
dustfac = Etc.klingon[i].power;
Etc.klingon[i].power = dustfac * Param.phasfac * (1.0 + (franf() - 0.5) * 0.2);
/* see how much of hit shields will absorb */
shldabsb = 0;
if (Ship.shldup || Move.shldchg)
propor = Ship.shield;
propor /= Param.shield;
shldabsb = propor * chgfac * hit;
if (shldabsb > Ship.shield)
shldabsb = Ship.shield;
Ship.shield -= shldabsb;
/* actually do the hit */
printf("HIT: %d units", hit);
printf(" from %d,%d", Etc.klingon[i].x, Etc.klingon[i].y);
cas = (shldabsb * 100) / hit;
hit -= shldabsb;
if (shldabsb > 0)
printf(", shields absorb %d%%, effective hit %d\n",
tothit += hit;
if (hit > maxhit)
maxhit = hit;
Ship.energy -= hit;
/* see if damages occurred */
if (hit >= (15 - Game.skill) * (25 - ranf(12)))
/* select a device from probability vector */
cas = ranf(1000);
for (l = 0; cas >= 0; l++)
cas -= Param.damprob[l];
l -= 1;
/* compute amount of damage */
extradm = (hit * Param.damfac[l]) / (75 + ranf(25)) + 0.5;
/* damage the device */
printf("Sulu: Shields knocked down, captain.\n");
Ship.shldup = 0;
Move.shldchg = 0;
if (Ship.energy <= 0)
/* see what our casualities are like */
if (maxhit >= 200 || tothit >= 500)
cas = tothit * 0.015 * franf();
if (cas >= 2)
printf("McCoy: we suffered %d casualties in that attack.\n",
Game.deaths += cas;
Ship.crew -= cas;
/* allow Klingons to move after attacking */