DragonFly BSD
DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2005-03
[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Problem intr11 livelocked

From: Jonathan Buschmann <jonthn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 21:23:28 +0100

Chuck Tuffli a écrit :
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:32:50AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:

   Ok.  You submitted a similar patch January 31st.   Joerg was
   going to do something with it back then but must have forgotten :-)

This is just another in the list of PCI ids the Intel interrupt code
should handle.

   I'll commit it.  It probably isn't entirely correct but eventually we
   are going to have to bring in the latest ATA driver from FreeBSD anyhow,
   so I am not going to worry about it changes that might not entirely work,
   but wouldn't have worked at all before for those device ID's anyway.


I completely agree. I took a quick try at porting the code from 5.x,
but the extensive use of mutexes, semaphores, and locking made porting
exceed my pain threshold. Besides, my SCSI focused management would
look at me funny :)

With regard to the patch, the 5.x ATA code does something similar
(handles all ICH* ATA devices the same) but in a more maintainable

I hope that the ATA code from Fbsd 5.X will be ported to Dfly because without that i can't install Dfly on my PC.


[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]