DragonFly BSD
DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2006-01
[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Well, something weird

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:13:36 -0800 (PST)

:Yesterday I decided to "upgrade" my Dragonfly system from the Developer 
:branch (2005-12-14) to the new 1.4 branch. This didn't work as I hoped. 
:The thing is that I don't have the time to analyse the problem (I will 
:rather switch back to the working version), I only post here a few 
:things I noticed.
:The hardware is a Proliant 7000 with 4 cpu-s.
:The symptoms:
:- there were kernel panics, complaining about a page fault
:- I saw a message: "clist_alloc_cblocks: M_NOWAIT malloc failed, trying 
:- also saw this one: '[diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0x3... "usr"'
:	'[diagnostic] cache_lock: unblocked usr'
:The version I used is the 1.4 slip, cvsupped around 7th January afternoon.
:Sorry, I cannot provide you more data as I need to find a workaround 
:ASAP, also the server is located in a weird environment where I have 
:little physical access, so I can't go there very frequently to reboot...
:I hope the very few details I sent gave some ideas about the problem, if 
:so could you please share those with me?
:Thank you,
:	David Beck.

    Well, you can ignore the clist_alloc and cache_lock diagnostics, those
    are harmless.

    The kernel panic is another matter.  We'd definitely need more
    information to figure out what is going on there, such as a kernel
    core and backtrace.

    I would never suggest that someone do a blind update of an inaccessible
    production server.  Sometimes things break!  Too late for you, I know,
    but there isn't much I can do to help without more information.  I can
    only suggest that the machine be reverted until you are able to test on
    a more accessible box.

					Matthew Dillon 

[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]