DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2008-06
DragonFly BSD
DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2008-06
[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [issue1031] panic: hammer_mount: malloc limit exceeded

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:16:41 -0700 (PDT)

:Done. Panic still occurs, albeit after a longer time (about 30 minutes).
:This time --- marks a 2 second pause.

    Ok, clearly I need to work on implementing limit_recs, which is a real
    hack right now.  That isn't my biggest concern at the moment so it may
    be a week before I fix it.

    My biggest concern right now is the machine lockup that was reported.
    I thought I had fixed it but I can still reproduce it on my test box,
    and since the box is locked up and I can't break into the debugger 
    finding the bug is going to be hard.

    What I am doing to reproduce the lockup is (on a 2xCPU box), with 
    a HAMMER /usr/obj, is running three things in parallel:

    window1: buildworld test
	cd /usr/src
	while (1)
	    make buildworld -j 8 

    window2: fsx

	cd /usr/obj
	/tmp/fsx -S 123424 -c 100000 -l 4194304 -o 262144 -P /tmp/ test.fsx.dat

    window3: blogbench

	mkdir /usr/obj/bench1
	blogbench --iterations=100 -d /usr/obj/bench1

    Needless to say, doing these three things in parallel stresses the hell
    out of the machine.  I don't even know if the bug is related to HAMMER
    yet or not.

    There is one more panic which occurs, related to direct-writes, but since
    it panics and I get a core dump I expect to get it fixed fairly quickly.
    The problem I really want to solve is the machine lock-up.


[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]