DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2004-11

Re: installing from floppy

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:24:51 -0500

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:21:15AM +0100, Jonas Sundstr?m wrote:
>The handbook doesn't speak much of install methods other than
>"Installation from CD" (chapter 2).
>For hardware that doesn't do PXE by itself, a grub floppy lets you boot
>off a tftp-serving dfly system, like the upcoming pxe-savvy installer
>Rahul's DIY link:
>mentioned here:
>Another resource -- the online boot-disk creator:
>I think this fits best in chapter 2, though it's also relevant to 19.7
>"Diskless Operation".
>There's also 12-3. "A Script for Creating a Bootable Floppy":
>While it probably works for anyone with experience, it's just a rescue
>disk (as advertised) and not an installer.
>Perhaps it's best to wait for the pxe-serving Installer before updating
>the Handbook.
>(Feedback? Thumbs up/down?)
>/Jonas Sundstr?m.                 www.kirilla.com

Hi Jonas,

May I recommend adding to the DragonFly BSD Wikipedia entry until
such a time that someone can revise the sources?
There's a link section at the bottom.

If you've not seen it it's pretty good, with kudos from Matt and

// George

George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx