DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2005-04

Re: Wiki and docs in cvs

From: Hummel Tom <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:57:06 +0200

though i'm not a dev, i have 2 thoughts on that too.

> Should we look at a "release cycle", similar to what's happening with the
> software?  i.e. declare a few weeks of typo-fixing, and then move the
> documentation at that point into a separate copy, associated with that
> release of DragonFly?

I think that's a great idea, while time is passing by, programs change
and i often found outdated documentation which is not tagged as such.

> This way, documentation matches a particular release.  This may become
> more significant as more radical features get moved in...  There's also
> the bonus of regular cleanups for the docs.

I think a typo-fixing-only period will stop people adding new topics,
and in the worst case forgetting about them.
IMHO it would be a nice idea to fork the Wiki/doc at that time, so new
pages can be created without interfering with the
"documentation-feature-freeze" for the soon to be released version.

tom