DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2005-06

Re: organizing book (was Re: cvs commit: doc/en/books/handbook Makefile)

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:59:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, June 29, 2005 1:16 pm, Jeremy C. Reed said:

> Also, we can use the BSD cert survey results to make sure the DragonFly
> Book covers the topics that the BSD cert survey results cans are
> important. (To be officially announced mid-July.) The results indicate
> what topics are beginning, intermediate, advanced and also how frequently
> used and also other.

Ooh, good idea.  This may also help suggest layout.  I've imagined one
book as a sort of walkthrough, like Michael Lucas's excellent Absolute
*BSD books, and the other as more of a technical reference.

As for XML conversion, I think we may want to go on a trimming spree, to
get the book to the minimal quantity of "old" data, and then convert it to
XML.  That way, we aren't converting material that gets thrown away, or
rewriting material that was just produced.

It should be easy enough to set up something on the wiki for reviewing;
should this be after conversion/splitting?