DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2006-03

Re: mdoc DragonFly known version numbers

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:52:46 +0100

Francis Gudin wrote:
Hello,

the file src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/tmac/mdoc.local contains a list of
DragonFly version numbers that can be used within manual pages.

When using these to point a newly introduced feature or some other
important change that would be a good candidate for a HISTORY section in
a manual, do you think that refering to a Release is sufficient, thus
accepting to loose a bit of precision, or would you prefer that we
always try to be the most accurate by naming a Developpement tag ?

I'd say, release is sufficient, i.e. 1.3 or 1.4, more detail is just not neccessary, as we want to release every some months anyways.

cheers
  simon