DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2006-03

DragonFly site

From: "Trevor Kendall" <trevorjk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:50:09 -0800

Hi,

On the site I have noticed a number of issues. Most are easily fixed,
but I'm not sure about this one.

On http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/goals.cgi
Serializing tokens may also be used to protect threads from preempting
interrupts that attempt to obtain the same token. This is a slightly
different effect from the Big Giant Lock (also known as the MP lock),
which does not interlock against interrupts on the same cpu. It is
important to note that token atomicity is maintained through
preemptive conditions, even though preemption involves a temporary
switch to another thread. It is not necessary to enter a spl() level
or critical section to preserve token atomicity.

Weren't the spl set of functions removed?

For the others, I have a patch almost ready.

Trevor