Re: syscall messaging interface API

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:45:36 -0700 (PDT)

:How will that affect optimisation w/ the limited register set on ia32?
:
:Adrian
:
:--
:Adrian Chadd			<angryskul> learning is bad

    These are call-used registers, i.e. we don't have to save or restore
    them.  We can get away with it because these are not general system
    calls.  Actually, linux uses the same trick for most general syscalls
    but it created some severe argument limitations for them.

    In anycase, by tonight I'll have a system call messaging wrapper
    implemented in 0x81.  It won't be asynch, but it will be enough for
    work on libcr to commence and I can then start asychronizing
    particular system calls to give the libcr developers something real
    to test threading with.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>