Re: SLOTs (Re: Package system)

From: "Klaus-J. Wolf" <yanestra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:20:13 +0200

ibotty wrote:
back in the days, when I was using gentoo, i found slots very useful.
I still like them... but! when you track an unstable portage branch, those
slots are not always enough. Sometimes, you end up with package A, that
needs B in slot 1 (-> B[1]), but is incompatible with B Version 1.1, which
is also in slot 1.

I am thinking aloud... What about a virtual file system that is a mere projection of one or more physical file systems...?

I have been busy on developing such a thing under Linux months ago, until the money supply dried off.