Re: sysinstall v2

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:14:34 +0200

-On [20030904 01:12], Matthew Dillon (dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    rsync has an excellent track record and is tiny, with no dependancies.
>    We should definitely include it.

Just remember it is GPL'd.  Not to stir things up here, but we do need
to be careful what we use and how, license-wise, since it might bite us
in the arse later.

>    cvsync has problems similar to cvsup, though not quite as bad.  If we
>    installed a static version it would probably be ok.  I don't know if
>    cvsync handles all the cases (like tag updates, repository forks, and
>    local forks) that cvsup handles.  Without knowing how robust it is I
>    would hesitate to include it.

I'll ask/check, since I help out on that project anyway.

Oh, btw, it _is_ robust.  I've been using it for a couple of weeks now
with no ill results.

One of the best features, in my opinion, is the fact that it can list
the repositories available at site X.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
I was searching through the Heavens and somehow I slipped...