Re: cache_lookup() work this week.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:03:15 -0700 (PDT)

:My understanding is that you can't distribute a kernel binary with
:GPL'd code statically linked into it without GPLing the whole kernel.
:I think this is why EXT2FS, COMPAT_LINUX, and pcm aren't in FreeBSD's
:GENERIC kernel.
:
: -jre

    Ah.  That is true, I think you are right.  I'm not sure how significant
    it is because while linux installs tend to put everyone on one or two
    slices, BSD installs tend to partition things up more finely so having a
    mostly read-only UFS / and, say, an ext2fs /usr, would not be a big deal.

    At the point the gpl'd filesystems can be loaded as a KLD.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>