Re: Prebinding for DragonFly/FreeBSD-4

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:00:49 -0700 (PDT)

:--=.OmJwuvzQ93Hrdv
:
:No-brainer.
:
:Get the patch from here:
:http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/prebind.diff

    I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but it looks pretty good.  My
    one issue is with the hash function... 32 bits isn't enough, I would
    prefer a 64 bit hash (as a minimum).  This is from my experience with
    Diablo where even good 32 bit hash functions produced collisions on
    news message-id's (and even 64 bit hash functions in some cases).