Re: osendfile() silliness

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:03:18 -0700 (PDT)

:>    While the compatibility syscall added to -CURRENT was placed in an
:>    #ifdef COMPAT_FREEBSD4 block and aptly named freebsd4_sendfile(),
:>    the version MFC'd to -STABLE the same day was placed in an #ifdef
:>    COMPAT_43 block and named osendfile().
:>
:> Should I just forget about osendfile()?  It clearly does not belong in
:> emulators/43bsd.  I think I'll write a little note in a comment next to
:> the native syscall about the fix and nuke osendfile().  Any objections?
:
:imo, the kernel should be less complex. so you are right in nuking it.
:..but, when you succeeded with splitting sendfile, 'osendfile' should maybe
:go to our binary emulation (for fbsd 4).
:
:just my 2¢
:
:~ibotty