Re: checkpoint/restart

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

:Well the upcall mechanism mostly works, I've updated
:the #ifdefs and added some simple test code for it.
:http://www.fsmware.com/ckpt5.tgz
:
:However, it appears that the upcalls are messing up the
:stack somehow. Instead of checkpoint returning the number
:of bytes written, it returns a value less than zero and
:sets errno to 210 (the syscall index for checkpoint).
:It appears the stack isn't being popped enough.
:
:I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at the upcall
:function (taken from sendsig).
:
:Since I'm effectively sending a signal from a syscall should
:I be setting the stack frame pointer to somewhere other than
:regs->tf_esp - 1?
:
:			-Kip

    freeze.S is missing from ckpt5.tgz.  The one from ckpt4 seems to
    be incompatible.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>