Re: Microkernel architecture?

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:35:36 -0600

On Oct 28, 2003, at 4:37 AM, Bill Huey (hui) wrote:

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:14:35AM +0100, Michael Neumann wrote:
I'll forward this post to the L4 mailing list, as I am not enough
competent yet
in answering these questions (only two weeks since I first heard about L4).

Don't take it too seriously. They were just passing thoughts designed to proke interesting conversation on this list and is not a commitment to do anything about it on anybodys part. :)

It might be interesting to have an L4 emulator which provides the APIs so one
can do work on a microkernel without a microkernel :).

I think DragonFlyBSD would probably be one of the only non uKernel OSes that
could provide a fail-safe environment for that.

I don't know that I am interested in implementing such stuff though. I have barely
ever used L4 aside from the demo boot disks

bill