Re: interface renaming

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:19:02 +0100

-On [20031031 21:12], Brooks Davis (brooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>In FreeBSD I'll probably implement an tunable to make that possiable,
>but it definatly won't be the default.

Glad to hear that.

I mean, from a certain perspective I can understand that you don't know
to know whether or not a particular interface is an Intel card or a 3Com
card and both should just be named ethN, for example.  But it always
made sense in my mind, at least, to differentiate on the interface name
level between the different vendors to know which card you are messing
with.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts...