Re: Y2038

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:44:57 +0000

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:     Yes, absolutely.  The syscall messaging version of the time functions
:     could and should return 64 bit quantities.

	On that note, I have plans to update some of this time and
	*random() voodoo magic kernel code when I import the UUID
	support that I and Marcel Moolenaar implemented for FreeBSD.

	In FreeBSD, currently, only the uuidgen function exists in the
	kernel, while the rest are userland libc'ed.  In DFly, I plan to
	add a Linux shim support, so we can use our BSDL'ed UUID support
	for compiling Linux UUID bits.  I used this when porting
	JFSUtils; anyway... stay tuned. ;-)

Ciao,

--
Hiten Pandya