Re: trap.c: Why do we save tf_edx in sysmsg_fds[1]?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:28:18 -0800 (PST)

:On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:09:44AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     Now, practically speaking matter edx is not a saved-used register so it
:>     shouldn't matter if it gets munged on return, so theoretically we can
:>     get rid of the edx assigned.  But that could break some obscure
:>     bit of compatibility so I'd rather leave things as is.
:I thought it would be really cool to pull the zero %edx on exec cruft
:into trap.c.  I guess one hack that we know works is better than
:a different hack that causes gross uncertainty.
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    I'll document the edx assignment in trap.c so nobody else falls into the
    same trap.  heh.  get it?  falls into the same trap?  Sigh, my humor is
    getting horrible these days.