Re: FreeBSD 4.9 IPv4/IPv6 nit

To: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:24:21 +0000

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
Just found out the hard way that FreeBSD 4.9 does something whacky.

buddha.tendra.org aka www.tendra.org aka tendra.allbsd.org is configured
on both ipv4 and ipv6.

After Sato-san upgraded the box from 4.8-S to 4.9-S today I noticed my
apache 1.3.29 + ipv6 patch was only binding to tcp6 (thanks for the
notice Simon).  Finally Will Andrews asked if my box had
net.inet6.ip6.v6only set to 0 or not.  It was set to 1, which odd, given
Hiroki and me never did anything to set that any place.

So if people are anxious to port 4.9 stuff, watch this closely.