Re: acpi in new loader

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:56:39 -0500

On Nov 13, 2003, at 12:28 PM, Craig Dooley wrote:

I thought that ACPI could only be compiled into the kernel since the
import, and not loaded as a module.

Right now the ACPI support we have is a minimal range support. By the
time we have started to stabilize on the 64-bit platform perhaps the FreeBSD
work will have stabilized too. I don't think dynamic ACPI support is something
we have to rush into at this point because of the new way of MPtable population
available to play with on the amd64's. :-) That should be able to keep us content
for a while....

-DR