Re: acpi in new loader

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:44:07 -0800 (PST)

:Hi, I noticed that the new loader ported from -CURRENT tries to autoload the
:acpi kernel module like -CURRENT does too. Are we planning on pulling acpi
:support from -CURRENT or would it be useful for me to write a patch to get rid
:of ACPI from the loader?
:
:Ken

    Good question.  I am not particularly fond of the way -current depends on
    the loader for that, I would prefer simply to build it into the kern
    (which is basically how it works in our kernel anyway), so if you want to
    disable the autoloading attempt please go head.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>