Re: **HEADS UP** FreeBSD-5 boot code has been committed

From: James Frazer <jfrazer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:21:14 -0600

I used installkernel as mentioned in the original message, if this is what you mean. This should ensure I have the newest modules, right? or is there some other trick I'm missing out on here?

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I had the same problem myself. If I change loader.conf to not load any :modules then the problem goes away. If I knew how to properly debug :with ddb I would have mentioned the problem before. I had suspected :that since nobody else was complaining about it that it must have been :something odd about my build in particular. Guess I'm not alone.

I'll add sdome preloading to my loader.conf and try to reproduce the problem.

Also check that the modules in question are not out of date.