Re: **HEADS UP** FreeBSD-5 boot code has been committed

From: James Frazer <jfrazer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:21:14 -0600

I used installkernel as mentioned in the original message, if this is what you mean. This should ensure I have the newest modules, right? or is there some other trick I'm missing out on here?

--James

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I had the same problem myself. If I change loader.conf to not load any :modules then the problem goes away. If I knew how to properly debug :with ddb I would have mentioned the problem before. I had suspected :that since nobody else was complaining about it that it must have been :something odd about my build in particular. Guess I'm not alone.
:
:--James

I'll add sdome preloading to my loader.conf and try to reproduce the problem.

Also check that the modules in question are not out of date.