Re: any interest in importing pf?

From: "Max Laier" <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:05:36 +0100

"Richard Coleman" <Richard.Coleman@xxxxxxxxxx> in
> Matt,
> What plans do you have in mind for packet filtering and firewalls?  Are
> you planning to stick with ipfw and ipfilter?
> Is there any interest in chunking both of these and moving to pf?  Or at
> least replacing ipfilter with pf.  I know that may be too radical, but
> wanted to gauge the interest.
> I'm currently using ipfilter, but would be happy with either ipfilter or
> Richard Coleman
> Richard.Coleman@xxxxxxxxxx

For the record: I am working on it.

I have a working PFIL_HOOKS patchset, as well as some initial work to bring
pf. There are quite some issues to be resolved, still.

Additionally, I have CARP ported (will post to .submit soon), see

I don't know too much about DragonFly - yet - and haven't been playing with
4.x so there might be some "style" issues. I write to avoid double efforts.
If you want to play along, write mail.

Best regards,
    Max Laier    max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx