Can anyone explain this?

From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Nov 2003 23:02:34 GMT
I have a dual P3 VIA motherboard (from Gigabyte) that I'm currently
running multiple operating systems from: Slackware 9.1, NetBSD -CURRENT,
DragonFlyBSD, BeOS, Windows XP, and Syllable.

Of those six, any time I reboot from DragonFlyBSD, I get the following
message from the computer when it POSTs.

"CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad"

When I first noticed this pattern, I chalked it up to coincidence, and
just reset the CMOS to it's default values with F2 and kept going.
However, I'm beginning to doubt this is a coicidence any more.  I have
spent all weekend rebooting between operating systems, with different
hardware configuration nearly every time, and this *only* happens when I
reboot from DragonFly.

Does this make any sense?  Could the OS be screwing up my CMOS?

Adam