Re: AFS and Dragonfly?

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:08:12 +0100

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 02:03:28PM +0100, Emiel Kollof wrote:
> Hi,
> From various googling attempts, I've gathered that the OpenAFS server
> seems to be running fine on FreeBSD-STABLE. Does that still apply to
> DragonFly? I believe there's some kernel module cruft in there, so my
> bet is that it _might_ work after some kludging in the module sources.

If you can compile the AFS server, it should run fine. The problem
is the client, which is often used on the server too. I don't know
wether porting/supporting the OpenAFS kernel module or the arla
module is the better way. I guess the latter since it is very
similiar to the VFS userspace bridge which is planned.