[no subject]

It should be relatively easy to bring up the file servers on
FreeBSD-stable.  It's when you want the AFS-client support
that things get much messier.

>I also already hit my first snag in getting the thing
>running. The latest CVS snapshot blindly assumes
>FreeBSD-CURRENT (awk-based vnode_if scripts etc.), and
>fails compilation. Guess I'd have to fetch something
>less recent.

The OpenAFS-client support at least compiled on FreeBSD-4
for awhile, but I believe there were still some problems
with it.  Recently Garrett Wollman has been doing a lot
of work to get the client-side working on FreeBSD-current,
including a lot of bug fixes.  That's probably breaking
the client support on FreeBSD-stable.  I was starting to
test those changes on FreeBSD-stable, but then my main
development machine went haywire with hardware problems.

So you maybe able to get a client snapshot that will
compile on DragonflyBSD, but it probably will not be
completely reliable.

That's just the client support.  I know people have setup
OpenAFS servers on FreeBSD-stable, but I don't know if
any have tried to do it recently.

I think most of the people actively interested in OpenAFS
on FreeBSD are focused on FreeBSD-current support, so you
might want to keep that in mind if you're hoping to have
it on DragonflyBSD.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx