Re: HEADS UP: Name change committed

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:55:53 -0800 (PST)

:> I think that once DragonFly goes "production", users will want
:> branches.  They'll want something like the freebsd-security
:> (or maybe call it freebsd-safe) branch.
:
:I'm not sure that will be needed once we vfs layering is complete along
:with the packaging system. All of the security updates can be pushed out
:via a tagging inside the packaging system. Hence everything in the system
:will have a tag on it. ex:
:`whencefrom /bin/sh`
:
:"src/bin/sh/main.c  1.25
:Not uptodate; current: 1.27
:Download [Y/N]

    Ok, I see what you are getting at.  I think we definitely want to
    push security updates through the packaging system, but I think
    that is a separate issue from cvs tagging.  In fact, security updates
    to the base system via the packaging system could be driven from CVS.