Re: K42 OS

From: "Max Laier" <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:08:40 +0100

> I'm a developer with the K42 project at IBM Research.  K42 is an
> experimental OS that attempts to explore radical changes in core OS
> structure; very much like the changes described on the dragonflybsd.org
> web site.
>
> From what we've seen, many of the ideas proposed for dragonflybsd are
quite
> similar to what we have implemented in K42, and naturally this makes us
> quite excited about the directions the dragonflybsd effort intends to
> take.  We'd be very interested in having ongoing interactions with
> this community to share ideas, experiences, horror stories and code.
>
> Consequently, I would like to invite members of this community to check
> out the K42 web-site http://www.research.ibm.com/K42 where we have
> numerous papers that describe our work.   Some of the papers that I think
> are most relevant:

probably unrelated, but yet somewhat fitting the topic here. You
might also want to take a look at recent microkernel developments at
http://www.l4ka.org/ (which is a project of the university I am
attending). Although I am yet not into either system in-depth, I
recognize common ideas.

IBM was (and probably still is?) involved in this project with an
OS called SawMill running on top of it, so maybe you know it (and its
relations to your work?)

--
Best regards,
 Max                          mailto:max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx