Re: Bind update

To: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Richard Coleman <richardcoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:58:28 -0500

David Rhodus wrote:
I'm wanting to update the Bind in DragonFly from 8.3.4-REL to 8.3.6-REL.
A patch for testing this update can be downloaded via: http://machdep.com/drhodus/bind.diff

-DR

Is there any reason to keep bind (other than resolver libs) in the base system? I don't want to be too minimalistic, but I've always found that having bind in the base just gets in my way. And the bind9 port is a very easy install.

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx