Re: XFree86-4-libraries build failure

From: Eli Scott <dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:52:03 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Aaron Malone wrote:

> I ran into this not long ago as well.  I believe it to be related to the
> name change, particularly the OSVERSION checks.  I don't have a DragonFly
> test box set up at the moment, but if I can get one running later tonight,
> I'll take a look at that.  (No guarantees, I'm a relative newcomer to ports
> internals ;))
>
> The OSVERSION checks have the potential to cause a lot of problems when
> using freebsd ports.  A quick grep shows over 800 such test in the ports
> tree...
>
> --
> Aaron Malone
> aaron@xxxxxxxxx

I thought this might have something to do with it, I was going to hack at
it a bit last night,  but it was getting late and, well, school called.
I'm going to look back into it tonight.  I thought of another possible
cause - I installed DragonFly on top of a FreeBSD 5 install, some of the
files were kept intact (aparently it didn't newfs all the partitions).
I'm going to format the entire slice in linux, and then try to install
DragonFly again.  Thanks for the response though, I was half expecting to
get yelled at for bringing a potentially non-dragonfly issue to the list.

-Eli