Re: devFS?

From: Lucas Reddinger <listbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:38:52 -0700

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:15:53 +0000
evs <erik14@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Will DragonFly eventually use a devFS so we don't need eleven-hundred
> entries in the /dev directory where most are unused?

While I like the elimination of such entries, I hope that if/when the project get to this that they will:

1.) Create a better methed for changing node permissions on boot.
2.) Create a better system for if nodes.
3.) Knowing the project, I am sure that all code related to this will be stable, and more than anything, fast!

Those are my three newbish thoughts/comments. There is a reason why I do not post often, but I do enjoy seeing the direction that the project is taking. I am also eager to see the response.

Lucas