Re: devFS?

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:10:53 +0100

-On [20031209 00:32], evs (erik14@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Will DragonFly eventually use a devFS so we don't need eleven-hundred
>entries in the /dev directory where most are unused?

I think we will, however, the /dev directory is only 70K on most systems
and in general isn't much of an hindrance, except when you need to
create new device nodes.  Again, the timeline and wish to add this is up
to Matt.  Probably another one of the projects which is nice to have in
the long run.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far...