Re: building X on DragonFly

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:47:29 -0600

On Dec 9, 2003, at 1:18 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:On Dec 9, 2003, at 11:23 AM, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote: : :> David Leimbach <leimbacd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: :>> Any ideas? I'd like to take a swing at compiling KDE on it. :> :> XFree86, from the ports tree (and the dfports tree) will build just :> fine. KDE and Gnome, however, both fail to build at this time. : :I disagree... the regular ports tree XFree86 failed on my box. :but I was building the server. : :I am still interested in seeing why KDE doesn't build. :) : :Dave

Be sure you have a completely fresh build/installworld and completely
fresh ports and dfports, then deinstall the dependant ports (in particular
imake) and rebuild and reinstall.

Yeah... I installed from the DragonFly snapshot and then have been CVSuping
ever since. Is there any other step I should take to make sure I do this cleanly?

I can't build the kernel today either.

It took a lot of work, er, hacking, to get XFree86 to compile. If after
all of that there are still problems, post the tail end of the output to
the list.

I don't even see the XFree86-Server port... just libs. I am doing CVSup and
cvs update -dP to get that.

KDE and Gnome are another deal entirely... they would require a lot more
work to get working.

Yep. I don't really have the time or interest to work on GNOME but I will see what
I can do for KDE. Its probably not going to be a one-man job in the long run though.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>