Re: configuration files

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:57:37 +0100

-On [20031211 21:03], Matthew Dillon (dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>   Even less then an hour.  This is very cool... I won't use kenv, that's
>   too nasty.  I'll use our varsym support to record RCNG module status.
>   I've already written the script, I just have to modify the RCNG files
>   to record the status and incorporate the dependancy list and we will have
>   a very, very powerful run-time system management tool.

Booting a system now with this.

This should also come in handy in what I told Simon and Eirik to hack
on, if they were bored.  We need some way of selecting a profile at the
start of the boot (or perhaps when it start the rc system).  That way
you can easily say to a laptop that you are at home now, or at work, or
at customer X' site.

And for servers who only need one profile you could just set a variable
which basically says, forget about the profiles.

If other people feel like they want to hack on this, be my guest, it is
sorely needed.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be