"options USER_LDT" and mplayer

From: esmith <esmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:13:34 -0500

mplayer built without problems, but would not play my *.mov file asking if USER_LDT was enabled in the kernel. I know it's harmless in FreeBSD and is now the default but it's not the default DragonFly kernel options file ( it's not even commented out ). I recompiled the kernel with "options USER_LDT" and mplayer played the quicktime movie. Samurai everywhere.

It did give a warning ( see below ) however, it did not cause any problems that I have noticed.

Is this safe? If so why isn't USER_LDT the default?

Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
win32 libquicktime loader (c) Sascha Sommer
Standard init done you may now call supported functions
loader_init DONE???
loader_init DONE!
External func COMCTL32.dll:17
External func COMCTL32.dll:16
QuickTime6 DLLs found
QuickTime.qts patched!!! old entry=0x6693b330
theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x6693b330
Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section (0x66bc4210)!
WARNING! Invalid Ptr handle!
Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section (0x66bc41f8)!