Re: bash me, if you like

From: Dan Melomedman <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:40:20 -0500

esmith wrote:
> I'll just have to re-write bash from scratch and release it under the
> BSD license, just for DragonFly. If only I had the time.

What's so great about BASH that people miss it much? I only use it
because tab completion is on by default, and I am lazy to
learn/configure other shells to do it the BASH way. I hate the fact that
BASH is one of the most, if not the most bloated shell with most features
not used by most users.

Besides, for small scripts, people are better to avoid shells alltogether
due to security problems/bloat. Execline:
http://www.skarnet.org/software/execline/