Re: FreeBSD-5's USB subsystem

From: Paul Robinson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:32:51 +0000

Kent Ibbetson wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dosen't usbd just, as it says in the man page,
'supervise USB attach/detach'. It dosen't have any device code (though, it
will load some kernel modules if required), it pretty much just starts and stops applications.

All I know is that whenever I plugged anything in, everything keeled over. OK, I didn't get a kernel panic, but I may as well have for the uselessness of that stupid, horrible, ugly, nasty little usbd. DIE USBD! DIE!

I totally agree that the USB code in 4.x is nasty, and the new stuff will be
better :)

Good. :-)

--
Paul Robinson