Re: what does you think of fink?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:19:54 -0800 (PST)

:> again, and then think objectively about if pkgsrc would fit. It doesn't.
:>
:> We're not reinventing the wheel. We're just making better ones that fit
:> our carriage better. Why should we run on wooden wheels when we can make
:> better chrome-plated wheels with good tires made of lightweight material
:> that will last a hundred times longer?
:>
:> Cheers,
:> Emiel
:
:OK, I was just giving idea's and trying to help.
:Maybe there should be a list handeling the DF packaging system , since
:now people post things in the kernel group which isn't made for this ...

    That's good.  Even though I have some big ideas on where we need
    to go with a packaging system, nothing has been decided yet because
    work on the system has not progressed to that point yet, and won't for a
    few months.  So all options are still open.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>