Re: malloc(M_NOWAIT) issues.

To: Max Laier <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:07:36 +0000

Max Laier wrote:
FWIW, mbuf(9) alloc functions need a redo with similar resoning. There are many places where a failed mget() will cause a panic.

Especially, the NFS code seems to like doing unchcked/unsafe mbuf allocations, and then getting messed half-way somewhere else. I have some patches for this which I will commit some time once I get back into the loop.

Thanks and regards,

-- Hiten