Re: Background fsck

From: Dan Melomedman <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:12:40 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     It's actually far easier to build a filesystem with full journaling
>     then it is to build a filesystem with only meta-data journaling.

Interesting that EXT3 right now has "data=ordered", "data=writeback",
and "data=journal" modes. I presume the metadata journal updates are
always atomic, while the data can be written in those three modes. In
the ordered mode, the data is written to the disk first. Is this similar
to the traditional 'sync' mount, or you will still lose data in a crash?