Re: lkwt in DragonFly

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:46:50 -0500

I think on the P4 chips you'll find ~150 cycles though as on older intel chips
and the AMD4 we are looking at around 12 cycles. Here are the output from
some initial tests I ran. You'll notice I've include the memory segment type
for the P4 as there was actually a difference between shared and private
mappings, but no change on the AMD64. I've also included the time output
from cpuid because it is another serializing instruction.

-DR

AMD64 - 3200

TIME	ASM
10nS	cmpxchgl