Re: Thunderbird and nntp.dragonflybsd.org

From: Claes Wallin <clawa570+dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:32:31 +0100

Mike Ditty wrote:
From: kernel-errors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernel-errors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Claes Wallin

Anyone else using Mozilla Thunderbird to access the DragonFly newsgroups?

Whenever Thunderbird checks for new messages on nntp.dragonflybsd.org,
the corresponding folders show large numbers of unread messages
>> [ - - - ]
I check the newsgroups with Thunderbird 0.5, and used to use 0.3.
Everything works normal for me and shows the proper number of messages
unread.

I do not have offline use turned on and it is set to keep all messages (just
a few config options that might be different for you).

Ok, thanks. Your suggestion mad me think, and I tried removing the offending groups and re-adding them without the option "only download 500 headers, mark rest as read". Seems to have worked.

/Clacke