Re: Heads up: NEWCARD is coming

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:53:27 +0000

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Both Silicom cards are dc0 under FreeBSD 5.x. 10Mbps dc card works out :of the box while 100Mbps card has problems with auto detection of media. : If I manually set it to 100Mbps full-duplex it works fine. Without :that it does not discover link.
:
:3Com card is xl0 device.
:
:I will happily test any patches if needed.
:
:Thanks!
:
:Tomaz
DCx cards will probably always have problems with auto-detection of
media. It was broken from day one and it doesn't look like the vendor
ever fixed it. I would stay away from that chipset.

Well, I have a dc driver update target on my ToDo list. If I get some time this week, I will bring in the various driver fixes that were made in RELENG_4 and CURRENT into DragonFly.

Regards,

-- Hiten