propolice only in gcc2

From: Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 05:09:06 +0100

Hello!

Few days ago I noticed that website mentions stack protection being part of the system so I decided to check it on one of my test machines... but looks like it is only part of gcc2:

cc -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall -c /usr/src/games/fortune/strfile/strfile.c
cc1: error: unrecognized option `-fstack-protector'

(happened after setting CCVER=gcc3 in make.conf)

Btw: propolice is very stable on FreeBSD 4.x and so far seems fine on 5.x as well.

Tomaz