Re: Source tarballs?

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:10:41 +0100

Quoting rivo nurges <rix@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > How about bittorrent, rather than ftp/http?  For the ISO images too?
> > That would save your bandwidth quite a lot I believe

> Do we have so many downloaders that it will save something?

As I understand, even with two downloaders you save something (at
the server end; downloaders may find it slower if there aren't too
many people simultaneously downloading).  The server doesn't care how
many are connected, it serves at a fixed rate more or less, and
the rest comes from upload from the downloaders themselves.