Re: HEAD'S UP on ACPI work

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:31:24 -0500

On Feb 21, 2004, at 2:10 AM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

The acpica5 code will build, but the module will NOT yet load. I have
a bunch more work to do before the module will work properly. I need
to separate the APIC code from the SMP code so APIC support can be
built without SMP support, I need to make SMP builds work on UP
machines rather then panic, and I need to deal with the ACPICA module's
interactions with the APIC. I probably also have to bring in a bit more
of the FreeBSD-5 PCI bus code.

Your talking about adding in the code to populate the MPTable via ACPI I take it ?

What exactlly are the plans for this then since it opens up a lot of options ?

-DR