Re: newtoken02.patch - New Token code patch #2 ready for testing

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:35:40 -0500

On Feb 25, 2004, at 5:41 PM, Emiel Kollof wrote:

* Bosko Milekic (bmilekic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:02:24PM +0100, Emiel Kollof wrote:

Well, I just tried compiling one big port with lots of dependancies (KDE
in my case) and a buildworld in another terminal. Both progress really
slowly. Without the patch, it just flies along (like it should with this
2.6 Ghz machine).

I haven't really investigated further (I need top/ps/systat to really
investigate, but they break, which is why I did the buildworld to get
world in sync).

Note that I'm using a uniprocessor system. Dunno if SMP boxes have this
behaviour. It's stable though, it doesn't crash.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the patch, the one without the vnode lock problems.

I am. I have reverted my system, and have started kernel and world build
again, so I can see what's going on better.

Can you report back with the output from /usr/bin/time -l make buildworld
running with and without the patch since your system seems to be running