Re: ad0: READ command timeout

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:32:56 +0000

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:39:56AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
: Hi.
:
: On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:11:57PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
: > Here is DFly.  But I won't have DFly up and running again until next week.
: >
: > atapci0: <Intel PIIX4 ATA33 controller> port 0xfe60-0xfe6f at device 7.1 on pci0
: > ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
: > installed MI handler for int 14
: > ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
: > installed MI handler for int 15
:
: A few more general things...
:
: Can you put 'boot_verbose="YES"' in /boot/loader.conf and wait for the timeout message
: in the hope that you can get more information?

I'll get the drive this week and do so.

:
: How did you install DragonFly? By doing buildworld/buildkernel on FreeBSD 4.8, or
: installed from LiveCD? If the former, when did you check out the source code?
: If the latter, what was the build date?

The latter.  I will check the build date when I get home.

: Also, does increasing/decreasing hw.ata.mpipe_size change the situation?

I'll let you know.  :-)

Sorry none of these are real answers, but I replaced DFly with 4.8, and
since it works, I had to keep it to get some work done.  But the replacement
drive will help answer these questions, hopefully.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.